The department of Mathematics started functioning in the year 2019 at St. Peter’s Arts and Science College. At present, it offers course in undergraduate programme. The department takes an integrated and innovative approach in teaching and training the students to develop mathematical skills. The department dedicated to providing a strong foundation in mathematics. The department has highly experienced, highly qualified and dedicated faculties and it has good collection of mathematical books in the college library.
- To improve the quality of graduates to increase their ability to fit in teaching and research.
- To promote mathematical skills and offer training in problem solving
- To enhance the employability of the students in teaching area
The department aims to develop various math related skills such as calculating, computing, critical thinking, reasoning, problem solving and formulating for the upcoming graduates.
- To encourage students to conduct projects in order to develop their analytical and logical thinking
- To conduct faculty training programmes through invited talks and workshops
- Organizes seminars, workshops, industrial visits every year.
- Encourages faculty members to publish papers in national/international journal with impact factor.
- Helps to conduct intercollegiate competition to expose students’ talents every year.
- Focuses on producing 100% results for UG.
- Concentrates on providing employment oriented courses.
- Promotes national (or) international seminars and conferences every year.