Computer Science department in St. Peter’s Arts and Science College, started on 2019. Being newly started, it has already got a big lab and spacious classrooms. The lab is well equipped with high configured computers. Latest language as well as multimedia software are available. The department is blessed with experience teaching staff and able lab administrator to assist the practical sessions.
The main areas of study with in Computer Science include Artificial Intelligence, Computer Systems and Computer Networks, Digital Security, Database Systems, Human – Computer Interaction, Vision and Graphics, Numerical Analysis, Programming languages, Software Engineering, Bioinformatics and theory of computing.
Although knowing how to program is essential to the study of computer science, it is only one element of the field. So, we teach the computer students to design and analyse computer algorithms to solve problems and study the performance of computer hardware and software. The problems range from abstract determination of the type of problems that can be solved with computers and the complexity of the algorithm that solve them and designing applications that perform well on hand held devices, that are easy to use, and that uphold security measures.
Our vision is to create computer professionals with high values and fine calibre to work in a team to produce quality software and solutions by exercising their skills and talents and thus become the most responsible citizens to meet the needs, demands, and challenges of the society.
- To implement appropriate and relevant educational programs through quality teaching and learning methods.
- To evaluate the students performance through suitable benchmarks.
- To explore the skills of the students through student-centric activities based on hands on training.
- To create a learning environment for enhancing their innovative ideas, problem solving skills, leadership qualities and teams spirit.
- To establish strong and vibrant industry-institute interaction programs to enhance the entrepreneurship skills.
- To provide a sound technical foundation in computer science and the ability to creatively apply computer and related technologies to practical problems.
- To facilitate communication and soft skills to function as an effective professional.
- To cater the knowledge in specialized areas with awareness of broad multi- disciplinary issues and the ability to continue personal development in order to keep pace with advances in computer technology
Top 6 Jobs Targeted
- Full Stack Web Developer
- Mobile Application Developer
- Software Engineer
- Systems Architecture
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Data Engineer