The undergraduate program in commerce started in the year 2019 at St. Peter’s Arts and Science College. It is the full time program with three-year duration. The department of commerce has been providing efficient and quality education in commerce.
Highly experienced and dedicated faculty members are the strength of the department and have in-depth knowledge and professional skills required for handling the financial functions of business entities and corporate enterprises. Our students are frequently informed about the current employment opportunities and the department trains them to take part in it.
The professionals are mostly involved in the auditing of the companies and are required to maintain cost accounting records. The department will provide Tally, computerised accounting program, course to the students which is popularly accounting software for small and medium businesses.
- To train the students with required levels of competence for employment both in domestic and global market.
- Envisions to providing excellent and value based commerce education.
- To impart effective, supportive, accessible and affordable knowledge, skills and education in commerce and management to empower our students to respond to the challenges in the corporate world in an academic environment that capitalises the technology.
- To inspire and empower the students to become innovative leaders, contribute to the success of organisations and betterment of communities.
The department moulds the students in the career-oriented system to fit in business leadership and entrepreneurship. It has been the stepping stone for many students to pursue professional courses like M. Com., M. phil., Ph.D. and also C.A and I.C.W.A etc.
- Organises national and international seminars.
- Conducts Conferences and Workshops every year
- Industrial visits are organised.
- Helps to conduct inter college competition to expose their talents every year.
- Focuses on producing 100% results for UG.
- Concentrates on providing employment oriented courses.
- Takes effort to publish research articles by the faculty and the students in the journals approved by UGC.
- Encourages the faculty members to publish papers in refereed national and international journal with an impact factor.