Department of Computer Application
The Department of Computer Application was started in the year 2020 at St. Peter’s Arts and Science College. B.C.A is one of the popular courses among the students who want to make their career in the IT (information technology) field. The duration of course is 3 years. It comprises of the subjects such as database, networking, data structure, core programming languages like ‘c’, ‘c++’, and ‘java’. This course provides opportunity to the students who are interested in the computer field and wants to work in the IT sector as programmer or software developer. In our college the lab is well equipped with high configured computers. The Department is blessed with experienced teaching staff and able lab administrator to assist the practical sessions.
- To develop quality professionals by providing concept – oriented subject knowledge supplemented with practical skills.
- To create an integrated system that meets the higher educational needs of the region and community at large.
- To be efficient, effective community acceptable and excel in education and service.
- To reach the un-reached and serve to under served with education contributions to the national development.
- The department continues to promote innovative research in the core computer application as well as multidisciplinary application area.
- The mission of our department is creating, applying and imparting knowledge in computer applications through comprehensive curricular programming and research.
- To help students take placement in Premier Indian IT companies.
- To encourage entrepreneurship skills among students.
- Develop adaptability to technological skills, to meet the challenges of changing global village effectively.
- To impart quality education to students.
- To impart comprehensive knowledge with emphasis on theory and practice in the field of information technology.
- To prepare students to acquire skills in effective analysis, design and utilisation of later information technology.
- To motivate the students to opt IT sector as their career.