Hello and welcome to St. Peter’s Arts and Science College Computer Club. In Computer Club we learn all about computers, how to create websites and a few other awesome things.
We learn about HTML or Hyper Text Mark-up language over a few weeks. HTML is used to make websites.
We also learn the programming language Python. It is really powerful. It can be used to do almost anything. This is a language professional computer programmer’s use and we are learning about it in first year.
We also learn how to do video editing. We have made promotional videos for the computer club and library and now we are working on a video on Irish Dancing.
One drive to another
We learn how to save, share documents, update profiles, find other people in the network and generally learn how to become expert at using the college IT systems.
* PC maintenance, including cleaning, installing RAM, that sort of thing.
* PC troubleshooting, what to do when there are hardware or OS issues.
* Picking the right laptop for college.
* Playing Civilization.
* Build robots and play Battle Bots
- To help students understand up-to-date computer technology.
- Review Current hardware and software products. Explore different areas of interest.
- Create a social environment where students with various technology experiences come together and share information with one another.
- Provide technology resources for less fortunate individuals in the form of charitable giving and volunteerism.
Department of Computer Science.